Tomorrow night at 6:30pm is our 6th grade Winter Music Concert! We are so excited for you to hear our band’s first performance together and also to hear our wonderful orchestra and choir. Below is all the information you need to know about tomorrow’s concert.
6th Grade Winter Concert: Tuesday, December 17th
-There will be no practice club tomorrow, 12/17, due to the concert.
-Band students should arrive for the concert by 6:00pm. Choir students by 5:45pm. Concert begins at 6:30pm in the Tappan Auditorium.
-A reminder that the concert is graded as a test and attendance is mandatory unless previously excused or in case of emergency (illness, etc).
WHAT TO WEAR:
SOLID WHITE dress shirt, short sleeves or longer
SOLID BLACK dress pants or long skirts
SOLID BLACK socks or tights/nylons/leggings
SOLID BLACK dress shoes (nice boots are okay)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Instruments. MAKE SURE YOUR INSTRUMENT CASE/STICK BAG HAS YOUR NAME ON IT!
- Band Books (even if you normally share with a stand partner)
- Come to the concert wearing your concert uniform
- Mallets/sticks for percussion (stick bags)
- Reeds, valve oil, anything else you need to play!
STUDENT CONCERT ETIQUETTE:
- No electronics are allowed in the auditorium. Please leave phones/smart watches at home or with your family.
- Actively listen to and stay silent during Orchestra and Choir performances.
- Applaud politely after each Orchestra and Choir piece.
- Stay for the entire concert.
- No food or drink allowed in the auditorium (this includes gum and water bottles).
- Walk carefully & slowly with instruments.
Arriving on time by 6:00pm is extremely important! Everyone needs enough time to completely warm up their instrument and tune.
6:00PM All Band students arrive in the band room to find your seats, get set up, and warm up
- Choir/Band alternating students will check in with choir first and then come to band
6:05PM Band warms up/tunes together in the band room. Percussion checks stage.
6:25PM Band goes on stage to get into seats
6:30PM Concert starts. Performance order is Band, Orchestra, Choir.
6:30PM Band Performance
6:45PM Band exits the stage
- Percussion stays on stage to help move percussion instruments and get set up for orchestra. When you’re finished, go sit with the rest of the band in the audience.
- Tubas, bassoon, french horns, and baritones go down the exit ramp and back to band room to put instruments away. Come back to the auditorium and sit with the rest of the band.
- Everyone else exits in a single file line down the left hand staircase on stage. You will walk around the auditorium to sit in seats with your instruments and music to watch Orchestra and Choir. Please remember to leave the first row of seats open for percussion!
~7:30PM Concert ends, put instruments away and find your family!
- After you have put everything away and collected your belongings, you are dismissed.