It’s been a wonderful start to the year in band! Thank you to parents and families for being so diligent about getting students their instruments to school and paperwork for school instruments filled out so we could start rehearsals straight away.
Here are a few reminders:
- If you have an at home instrument still at school (tubas, euphoniums, percussion kits, and french horns especially), please take that instrument home by this Friday 9/13 so you can begin practicing at home.
- All instrument cases (school-owned and personal) need name tags with student’s first and last names on them. You can use your own luggage tag or see Ms. Stout for one if you need it. Masking tape with your name written on it in marker stuck to the case also works!
- Percussion: Please label all your personal sicks, mallets, and stick bags with your first and last name. We’ve already had some nameless mallets left in the percussion section! We suggest writing your name or initials up near the top of your mallets/sticks so your name doesn’t rub off where you grip your sticks.
- Practice logs for 7th and 8th grade will begin being collected next Monday, 9/16. As a reminder, practice logs are a possible 10 points per week. 10 points=100 minutes of practice time. Logs will be collected every Monday unless an email goes home stating otherwise. Choir students will turn their logs in on Tuesdays.
- Reed reminder: Woodwind players are responsible for supplying their own reeds. Please ensure you have at least three good reeds in your case at all times. If providing your own reeds for band is not something you are able to do this time, please contact Ms. Stout for help in purchasing reeds.
- Band T-Shirt order information will be coming to you shortly. T-shirt designs are the same as last year, so there is no need to purchase a new shirt if your student has one already.
- Curriculum Night is tomorrow, Thursday 9/12, at 6pm. We hope to see many Tappan Band families in attendance! Mr. Beery and myself will be going over lots of important information for the year and will be there to answer any band questions that you may have.