Hello 8th grade band families,
This email includes further information regarding our Bands in Review (BIR) concert for the evening of Monday March 21, 2022 at Hill Auditorium in downtown Ann Arbor. You will receive one more email communication the day of our concert next week with final details.
- All bands arrive at Hill Auditorium at 7:30pm. Bands are to proceed to their designated areas as discussed in class. We recommend that families drop students off outside of Hill a few minutes before 7:30 and then go find parking.
- Please enter through the West Entrance doors off Thayer St (close to the parking garage).
- Students are expected to remain for the entirety of the concert after we perform and will sit with the band (not families) when Tappan is done.
- At the conclusion of the Bands in Review concert, please meet your students in the following areas:
- Pioneer: Base of Burton Tower/Parking lot behind Hill
- Tappan: Pool east of Hill
- Slauson: League Doors east of Hill
- Please try to exit to the East Side of the building after meeting your student at the conclusion of the concert
Information that was included in previous BIR emails:
The concert will be performed in three sections based by high school. Tappan, Slauson, and Pioneer’s portion of the concert is from 8:00-9:00pm. Students will be expected to arrive at 7:30pm. Students will be responsible for transporting their own instruments to Hill, with the exception of percussion.
Four audience members are allowed per performer with current AAPS COVID guidelines. This concert will be recorded (not live streamed) and will be available to view for a limited time after the performance. Audience members will sit in the 2nd and 3rd balconies of Hill while performers will sit in the main floor seating when not performing. Current AAPS and U of M COVID guidelines require masks for all performers and audience members at all times. Please sit one seat apart in the hall. If any adjustments are made to any of the above guidelines before Bands in Review, we will email out to let you know.
Dress for students is formal concert attire: white dress shirts, black dress pants/skirts, black dress shoes/socks. Percussion-please be sure to wear black masks to match the rest of the band. Dress to impress! If your student needs any uniform items provided, please let us know.
Attendance for this concert is mandatory. Every band member is important and we need to know ASAP if someone will be absent so we can make adjustments and ensure all parts are covered. We ask that you make every effort to resolve scheduling conflicts as this is our biggest performance of the year. If you believe you may have an event that conflicts with Bands in Review, please contact Ms. Stout at email@example.com.
This concert is not ticketed.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Lauren Stout (she/her/hers)
Director of Bands, Performing Arts Department Chair, Auditorium Manager, Music TechnologyTappan Middle School │firstname.lastname@example.org │tappanbands.org