On Saturday March 2nd, 2019 the Tappan Eighth Grade Band will perform at the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association (MSBOA) District XXII Band & Orchestra Festival.
The festival will be held at Ann Arbor Pioneer High School and our performances will be evaluated and rated by a panel of experienced judges and we will receive written suggestions for improvement.
TRANSPORTATION: Students will need to provide their own transportation to and from Ann Arbor Pioneer High School (601 W. Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor, MI).
DRESS: Normal concert attire; white dress shirts, black dress pants, full length black socks with nice dress shoes. Professional dress is expected for this performance (no tennis shoes, athletic pants, etc). Students will need to stay in uniform from the time they arrive until they leave. No ties/bowties, please.
FOOD: Students should eat a good breakfast prior to their arrival. Students will not have a break until they are dismissed.
- 8:40 AM Arrive at Pioneer HS Auditorium Entrance and take attendance
- 9:10 AM Report to homeroom (cafeteria) and review procedures for the morning
- 9:25 AM Report to Warm-Up Room and set up the stage
- 9:50 AM Perform on stage at Pioneer High School
- 10:15 AM Performance will end and band will proceed to the sight reading room
- 10:20 AM Sight reading test
- 10:45 AM Pack up, receive ratings
- 11:15 AM (approximately) Eighth Grade Band is dismissed
Family and friends are invited to watch both the performance and sight reading session. Admission is FREE. It is always a pleasure to see so many parents and friends of the Tappan Bands support our students at this event!
Linked below are the PDF of an informational letter for Festival as well as a permission slip, due back by Wednesday February 27th. A hard copy of each will also be available in the band room for students. Please remember attendance at Festival is mandatory unless previously excused.
Please email Ms. Stout at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding Band Festival!