Good morning Tappan band families,
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year! We are thrilled to have your student in band and are looking forward to an exciting year! Linked here you will find the Tappan Band 22-23 Calendar and Band Handbook/Syllabus. If you can’t find answers to your questions in the handbook, please contact Ms. Stout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students have received the “Tappan Band 2022-23 Student/Parent Contract”. This is due back signed to the band room by Tuesday September 6th and is your student’s first band grade. Here is an electronic copy.
- Please put the Tappan band concerts on your family calendar!
- We have begun playing instruments in rehearsal for 7th and 8th grade. 6th grade begins playing Tuesday September 6th. If your student has an individual instrument question/issue, please contact Ms. Stout.
- Practice logs will begin next week. These are graded and are due the first day of band each week. The first log is due Monday September 12th. 100 minutes of weekly practice=10 points! Logs will be accepted only the week that they are due and must have a parent/guardian signature. Students can get practice logs from the band room. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Stout.
- Band T-Shirt orders are coming soon (shirt designs are the same as last year)
If you have any questions, please let us know. We are looking forward to a wonderful year of music making!
Lauren Stout (she/her/hers)
Director of Bands, Performing Arts Department Chair, Music Technology