Good morning 6th and 7th grade band families,
The 6th and 7th Grade Spring Band concert is Thursday May 12th beginning at 6:30pm in the Tappan auditorium.
The following guidelines for middle school concerts are being mandated at the district level:
- 2 audience members may attend per student performer
- Everyone must remain masked at all times
Students should wear their Tappan band shirts and bottoms/shoes of their choice.
Attendance for concerts is mandatory. Every band member is important and we need to know ASAP if someone will be absent so we can make adjustments and ensure all parts are covered. We ask that you make every effort to resolve scheduling conflicts as this is our biggest performance of the year. Please contact Ms. Stout at email@example.com with any questions regarding attendance.
Concert Schedule for the evening of May 12th:
- 6th grade band students arrive at 6:10pm and go to the Rec Room on the 1st floor to unpack and warm up. Please arrive on time.
- Families get seated in the auditorium (please note: there will be plenty of seating available as we are spacing out the concerts)
- 6:30 concert starts
- When 6th grade concert ends, students go down to rec room to pack up and families will meet them on the first floor to exit
- 6:55pm 7th grade students arrive to the cafeteria to set up and warm up. Please arrive on time.
- Families get seated after the 6th grade families have cleared the auditorium (please note: there will be plenty of seating available as we are spacing out the concerts)
- 7:15 concert starts
- When the 7th grade concert ends, students go down to the cafeteria to pack up, families meet them on first floor to exit
We will send out one more email closer to the concert date. As a band, we have come very far from December and we are so proud of all of our band students for the effort they have put into rehearsals the last few months. We are so excited for you to hear our progress!
If you have any questions, please let us know,
Lauren Stout (she/her/hers)
Director of Bands, Performing Arts Department Chair, Auditorium Manager, Music Technology
Tappan Middle School │firstname.lastname@example.org │tappanbands.org