Good morning Tappan band families,
- The last day of playing in band for 6th & 8th grade band/jazz band and band book turn in is Friday June 3rd (next Friday).
- The last day of playing in band & band book turn in for 7th grade is Tuesday June 7th.
- All students must clean their band instrumentswhether they are Tappan-owned, rented from another music store, or personally owned. The instrument cleaning assignment was due in Schoology Monday May 23 for 6th and 7th grade and Wednesday May 25th for 8th graders. If your student has not submitted this assignment, they need to do it tonight or talk to Ms. Stout about completing it during advisory.
- ALL TAPPAN INSTRUMENTS MUST BE RETURNED BY TOMORROW, FRIDAY MAY 27th for inventory & inspection unless you have already rented it out for the summer (read below for more information).
Turning In Tappan owned instruments
- Students must fill out this google form with an adult at home. This form is due when you turn in your Tappan instrument.
- All instruments must be cleaned before being returned. The cleaning checklist can be found in the instrument cleaning assignment in Schoology.
- Make sure you are returning every piece of equipment received at the beginning of the year.
Renting a Tappan Instrument Over the Summer
- If your student would like to use an AAPS instrument over the summer, you will need to register to rent the instrument through the AAPS Summer Music Program (go to https://www.a2schools.org/domain/2218 and scroll down to the bottom to register). Current eighth graders must contact their high school directors before the end of the school year regarding instrument rentals for summer.
- Send Ms. Stout the receipt as proof of payment via email (scholarships are available)
- These instruments will be available for pick up by Wednesday, June 8th
If you have any questions, please email Ms. Stout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great week,
Lauren Stout (she/her/hers)
Director of Bands, Performing Arts Department Chair, Auditorium Manager, Music Technology