Dear Tappan Band & Orchestra Families,
Beginning on June 19th, Tappan will be asking all students to return school-owned materials, including instruments on the following days:
Friday – 6/19 – 6th grade – A-M 9:00 – 11:30 am / N-Z 12:30 – 3:00 pm
Monday – 6/22 – 7th grade – A-M 9:00 – 11:30 am / N-Z 12:30 – 3:00 pm
Tuesday – 6/23 – 8th grade – A-M 9:00 – 11:30 am / N-Z 12:30 – 3:00 pm
Who should return instruments?
– All 8th graders. All 8th grade instruments need to be returned unless you are enrolled in a high school ensemble and need/want an instrument over the summer.
– All students not continuing with music at Tappan next year
– All students not returning to Tappan next year or are unsure
– If your instrument has damage
– If you are continuing with music but would like the school to hold onto your instrument over the summer.
Who can keep their instruments?
– 6th & 7th graders continuing music at Tappan next year
– All students participating in AAPS Virtual Summer Music
If you plan to keep your AAPS instrument over the summer, you MUST let your teacher know before your drop off day. We understand that you might not be able to make your drop off time. If this is the case, please communicate with your Tappan music teacher directly via email.
If you have any questions, please let us know. Have a great week,
-Ms. Knowles, Mr. Alcocer, Ms. Stout, & Mr. Beery
Please do not forget that all band books need to be returned to Tappan regardless of whether or not you’re keeping your instrument for the summer. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Stout (email@example.com). Also, if you have a personal instrument still at school, you need to come and pick up during your scheduled time.