Good morning 8th grade band families,
Picnic Pops is this Sunday May 22nd. Here are a few important (some new) updates regarding the event:
Where: Pioneer High School outside on the lawn
Date: Sunday May 22nd
Time: Tappan students arrive 11:40 to the Pioneer orchestra room, warm up 11:50 in the Pioneer band room, performance 12:15-12:30. Dismissal immediately after performance.
What to wear: Tappan band t-shirts, bottoms/shoes of students choice
What to bring: Instrument, music, and anything you need to perform (reeds, valve oil, tuba stands, etc)
In case of rain/thunderstorms, Picnic Pops will be cancelled. The call will be made the morning of. In the unfortunate event it is cancelled, I will send out an email to all band families and send students a message in Schoology. If this happens please text your band friends to make sure they are aware! No news is good news; if there is no email from me about weather Sunday morning, Picnic Pops is on.
As Picnic Pops is an outdoor event:
1. There is no guest limit for the audience
2. Masks are optional for everyone outside (performers and guests). Students will still need to bring a band mask for warming up inside Pioneer.
3. Bell covers are not needed for the performance
1. Students must remember to bring home instruments and music after school on Friday. No one will be available at Tappan Friday over the weekend to unlock the doors for students to get forgotten materials.
2. Clothespins: If you have any clothespins at home, we recommend students bring them so that their music doesn’t blow off of their stand while we are performing.