Dear Eighth Grade Band Parents & Students:
On Saturday February 29th, 2020 the Tappan Eighth Grade Band will perform at the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association (MSBOA) District XXII Band & Orchestra Festival. The festival will be held at Ann Arbor Pioneer High School. Our performances will be evaluated and rated by a panel of experienced judges and we will receive written suggestions for improvement.
TRANSPORTATION: Students will need to provide their own transportation to and from Ann Arbor Pioneer High School (601 W. Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor, MI).
DRESS: Normal concert attire; white dress shirts, black dress pants, full length black socks with nice dress shoes. Professional dress is expected for this performance as always (no tennis shoes, athletic pants, jeans, etc). Students will need to stay in uniform from the time they arrive until they leave. No ties/bowties or other accessories.
FOOD: Students should eat a good breakfast prior to their arrival. Students will not have a break until they are dismissed.
- 8:20 AM Arrive at Pioneer High School Auditorium (flagpole) Entrance and take attendance
- 8:50 AM Report to our assigned homeroom and review procedures for the morning
- 9:05 AM Report to Warm-Up Room and set up the stage
- 9:30 AM Perform on stage at Pioneer High School
- 9:50 AM Performance will end and band will proceed to the sight reading room
- 10:10 AM Sight reading test
- 10:30 AM Pack up, receive ratings
- 10:55 AM (approximately) Eighth Grade Band is dismissed
Family and friends are invited to watch both the performance and sight reading session. Admission is FREE. It is always a pleasure to see so many parents and friends of the Tappan Bands support our students at this event!
The attached band festival permission slip is due by Friday February 21st. Hard copies are available in the band room. Please email Ms. Stout at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding Band Festival